Bull Breed Coalition Approved Registered Kennels
If you are interested in having your kennel name registered with the BBC please check out the guidelines below!
|The Bull Breed Coalition offers breeders the Registered Kennel Name Program to protect the use of their kennel’s name in the naming of BBC registered dogs. The use of a registered kennel name allows breeders to name dogs of their breeding in an identifiable manner creating a prominent familiar foundation in the breed.
Registered Kennel Names granted are breed specific. An applicant may request the name for multiple breeds but must meet the requirements, separately and distinctly, in each breed. A non-refundable processing fee of $50/year is required for each breed. Fee is subject to change without notice.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS CAREFULLY.
ALL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION FOR THE GRANTING OF A REGISTERED KENNEL NAME. APPLICATION INFORMATION WILL BE VERIFIED THROUGH REVIEW OF BBC RECORDS.
1.Be a breeder in good standing with the Bull Breed Coalition with a record of breeding and registering dogs in conformity with BBC registration rules and policies.
2.Bred at least 5 registered litters in the past 5 years;
THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS GOVERN THE GRANTING OF A REGISTERED KENNEL NAME:
• A maximum of two Registered Kennel Name owners is allowed.
• The name may be a unique word created by the applicant.
• The name may contain a maximum of two words and a maximum of 20 total characters and spaces.
• The name may not have been used more than incidentally and rarely by other breeders in the naming of dogs (of the applied for breed(s)) in the past 10 years such that the name is almost uniquely associated to the applicant. A name that is used more than incidentally by other breeders may not be registered by one individual regardless of the number of dogs registered by this individual. This will be verified through the BBC registration records.
• Ineligible words would include, but are not limited to, conflict either phonetically or in spelling with: the name of a breed, BBC titles, corporations or trade names, names of famous and universally recognized persons, living or dead, or words commonly used in the naming of dogs.
• A kennel name may not contain any derogatory or discriminatory words.
• Applicant(s) may not have an interest in a pet store or dog dealership
Each application for a Registered Kennel Name is considered on its merit. Application data will be verified through BBC records. The granting of a Registered Kennel Name is at the sole discretion of the Bull Breed Coalition. The Bull Breed Coalition reserves the right to reject an application or revoke a name once it has been registered.
Download the application for kennel name registration to view it in entirety.
**Note this page will be updated by 8/10/2018